Spinach with Bacon Jam Quiche
Makes one deep dish pie
- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust
- 5 strip bacon, fried and crumbled
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c. grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 c. shredded Swiss cheese
- 5 ounces (about ½ box) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed thoroughly
- 2 ounces cream cheese, chilled and cut into little cubes or use a small measuring spoon to scoop out small amounts
- ½ Cup Delicae Gourmet Bourbon Bacon Jam
In a bowl, whip the eggs and heavy whipping cream until thoroughly combined. Add the Swiss, Parmesan cheese, and spinach, separating the spinach a bit as you add it so it is easier to combine. Stir until incorporated, add the ½ cup Delicae Gourmet Bourbon Bacon Jam.
Poke the bottom of the pie shell with a fork 6-7 times. Pre cook the pie shell on a sheet pan in a preheated 350-f degree oven for 10-15 minutes. Bake until brown. Remove and allow to cool completely before pouring in the quiche mix.
Very gently add the cream cheese to the quiche mixture and stir just a bit. Be very gentle so the cream cheese doesn't break apart. Pour into deep dish pie shell.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350-f degrees for 45-50 minutes, checking at 40 minutes for doneness. The middle of the quiche should not jiggle much when you gently shake it when it is done. When done, leave in the oven with the door open and the heat off for 20 minutes before removing from oven.
Wait until the quiche is at room temperature before you cut into it or it may release the liquids. Serve immediately, or store in the fridge and reheat in the microwave.
For garnish, slice red pepper into julienne strips and place on top of the quiche before cooking.